Instagram is updating the app’s navigation bar to Shopping and Reels. We think that this feature is intended to compete with rivals like TikTok. You will know see a Compose button and an Activity tab which was relocated to the top-right of the home screen. The center middle button now belongs to Reels.
“At Instagram, our focus has always been on young people and creators because they’re trendsetters. Change is happening quickly right now, including how both of these groups use Instagram and engage with the world. This year, with the pandemic and much of the world sheltering in place, we’ve seen an explosion in short, entertaining videos on Instagram. We’ve also seen an incredible amount of shopping move online, with more and more people buying online and young people looking to their favorite creators for recommendations on what to buy.” – Instagram
- Instagram is testing out adding tabs dedicated to Reels and Shopping in the app’s navigation bar – Insider
- Instagram redesign puts Reels and Shop tabs on the home screen – Tech Crunch
- Introducing Reels and Shop Tabs – Instagram
- Instagram redesigns its home screen for the first time in years, adding Reels and Shop tabs – The Verge
- Instagram Tests Variations of New Reels and Shop Tabs on the Bottom Navigation Bar – Social Media Today
- Instagram Reels Shopping: Everything You Need to Know – Later
- Instagram is redesigning the home screen with prime spots for TikTok-like Reels and in-app shopping — see what it looks like – Business Insider
Disclaimer: The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this post are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. This Blog/Web Site is made available for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the marketing industry, not to provide specific legal or professional advice. Disclaimer out.